HomeSpun - Local Homemade Crafts

Local Homemade Crafts - Laurence Stanford & Gemma Oldland

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Cool, deceptively simple yet elegant jewellery


We are delighted to welcome back Stephanie Marsh aka SL Marsh Craft Works and Introvert Artisan.

Another busy lady, Stephanie will showcase her handmade beaded jewellery. For those who love simplicity, a fuss-free or a not too overly-girly look, Steph creations are chic, with a little edge and great colour combinations. Her jewellery set is definitely an eye-catcher.








                                  


Stephanie will also bake for us (very excited about this) some ‘not so ordinary’ yummy cakes… read on to find out more, I have asked Stephanie to write a few words about both her hobbies.

Meet the Maker:

About your jewellery

I wanted to do something with my hands and use my brain in a different way, a creative way as my work brain is computer like. I have always loved colour, shape and texture and what better way to indulge this love than to make jewellery! I started by doing a couple of one day workshops by Jean Power (high priestess of beading in the UK) to learn the basics, once of got these it’s a question of experimenting and learning as you go along, which I love and the possibilities are endless. I have been making bead jewellery for a couple of years as a hobby, and the more I make the more I enjoy it.

About your Baking
    
I started my experimental baking that is free of gluten, dairy free and refined sugar in an effort to improve the state of my IBS and general health both of which were in pretty bad shape a few years ago. Being a girl with a sweet tooth a life without gluten, dairy free and sugar is a depressing thought. It only took me making one simple healthy dessert from scratch, using a little imagination to realise that ‘free-form’ didn’t have to be boring and tasteless. I realised that researching how to make healthy food, in particular desserts, sweet treatments and experimental baking was a worthwhile pastime that I have grown to love.  




No comments:

Post a Comment